Fresh Healthy Vending
December 9th, 2010
The Chambersburg YMCA is happy to announce the arrival of a new Fresh Healthy Vending machine! The new machine, located in our Teen Room, is part of our plan to continue to bring nutritional choices to encourage healthy living with our members.
Some of the new products include:
- Kettle Foods kettle chips
- Stacy’s pita chips
- Back to Nature cookies and crackers
- The Switch sparkling juice
- Hansen’s Beverages
- Steaz Iced Teaz
Fresh Healthy Vending’s mission is to provide consumers with fresh healthy snacks and drinks as an alternative to typical foods and drinks found in traditional vending machines.
The Y hopes you will take advantage of these new, healthy offerings. For more information, please contact Barb Houpt, Wellness and Fitness Director.
- Two-thirds of Americans are overweight, although 85% of American’s characterize their lifestyle as somewhat/very healthy
- Johnson and Johnson’s CEO, Bill Weldon, confirmed his company saved $20 million in 7 years by implementing an employee wellness program
- Nearly one-third of children in America are overweight, and it is believed that up to one-third of those children will suffer from diabetes at some point in their lifetime
- Medical experts warn that the younger generation may have a shorter life span than their parents as direct result of the obesity epidemic
*Facts are provided by the Fresh Healthy Vending website http://www.freshvending.com/fresh-franchise/franchise-faq/